Attorney Steven Hirsch has provided mediation services in Rhode Island for more than 18 years, and he has been an attorney in the state for more than 30 years. He is one of very few lawyers who have offered mediation services consistently over the years, and he was one of the first mediators in the state.
At the Law Office of Steven J. Hirsch, Esq., we take the time to understand your legal issue completely. Whether Steve is working as your mediator or legal representative, our law firm upholds strong values, including honesty, integrity, respect, honor and confidentiality.
We believe building a trusting relationship with our clients from the very beginning is one of the most important steps to successful dispute resolution and proper legal counsel in any practice area. Our law firm is communicative, informative and responsive to your unique needs in several practice areas, including:
- Family law: We help you create a plan for the future and help you transition to the next phase of your life. We consider the best interests of your children, and we are extremely familiar with all types of complex situations, including divorce involving highly valuable assets, business division, separation of unmarried couples, complicated schedules, out of state issues, post-divorce modifications and more.
- Family/couple's mediation: Mediation is a collaborative process and a positive component to resolving many family law concerns such as divorce, child custody and other matters through a less costly and peaceful manner. We create a comfortable environment in which each party can voice interests, concerns and goals freely while working toward quicker resolution. Steve has completed hundreds of mediations as a Rhode Island divorce mediator. He has been approved by the Family Court as a mediator.
- Elder law mediation: We allow family members to express their concerns in a comfortable environment of equality to resolve disputes regarding an elderly family member's health care, assisted living needs, financial care and other delicate matters in hopes of preserving relationships and making agreeable decisions efficiently.
- Estate planning and probate: We help individuals and families create wills, trusts and health care directives, and we help establish power of attorney.
- Workers' compensation: We help injured workers secure benefits and establish employer liability to recover weekly, medical and scarring benefits they are entitled to.
- Odd-lot doctrine: Advocating for clients requiring permanent disability benefits once they approach allowable six years of partial disability benefits. This may also be employed when additional factors make a partially disabled injured worker eligible for total disability benefits, which include cost of living adjustments (COLA) and dependency benefits.
- Personal injury: We offer aggressive representation for those clients who have been seriously injured due to another person's or entity's negligence. We work for fair compensation so our clients are able to focus on recovery.
- Social Security Disability: We provide guidance through the Social Security Disability appeals process. If you have been denied for benefits, contact us today. You have options to obtain temporary or permanent disability benefits with the proper legal counsel.
- Business law: We offer advice and counsel to business owners and entrepreneurs regarding business start-ups, financial transactions and commercial transactions. We also provide effective representation in breach of contract disputes and other matters requiring litigation.
Contact A Knowledgeable Rhode Island Work Accident Attorney
We return phone calls and emails promptly and respect your time. Contact us by email or by phone at 401-287-2079 to schedule a consultation with attorney Steven Hirsch.